Win an exclusive behind the scenes experience with Dippy the Dinosaur
A lucky raffle winner will get the chance to go behind the scenes with the Natural History Museum team as they install Dippy the Dinosaur at the Great North Museum: Hancock this May
Raffle tickets available now for just £2.50
A lucky raffle winner will get the chance to go behind the scenes with the Natural History Museum team as they install Dippy the Dinosaur at the Great North Museum: Hancock this May.
During the exclusive one-hour experience, the winner and up to three guests will have unprecedented access to the exhibition build. They will meet Head of Conservation Lorraine Cornish and her team to find out exactly how they put the 21-metre-long skeleton together.
The winning party will also be able to take photographs with Dippy’s skull before it is fixed in place at the end of the dinosaur’s neck.
The raffle aims to raise £5,000 to support learning activities for schoolchildren and families at the Great North Museum: Hancock. Tickets are on sale now at £2.50 each with all proceeds going to the Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Development Trust – a registered charity, number 1137867.
- Raffle entrants must be aged 16 or over.
- Click here to buy tickets or purchase at the museum shop. Maximum 100 tickets per person.
- The winner (and up to three guests) must be available to claim the prize on both Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 May 2019, with the final date for the experience confirmed during the installation. Any children aged under 16 must be accompanied 1:1 by a responsible adult.
- All tickets must be purchased by Saturday 27 April 2019 to ensure entry into the prize draw.
- The winning ticket will be drawn randomly at the Great North Museum: Hancock on Friday 3 May 2019 at 2pm.
- Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums employees and their households are not eligible to buy raffle tickets.
Caroline McDonald, Manager at the Great North Museum: Hancock, said:
“This is such an exciting opportunity to get up close and personal with Dippy and a rare chance to meet the experts and see first-hand just what it takes to piece together this giant dinosaur jigsaw.
“We are very grateful to the Natural History Museum for their enthusiasm in offering the prize. We hope that our visitors will get behind the raffle with similar gusto. Every ticket bought supports our mission to inspire the next generation of scientists.”
Dippy on Tour: A Natural History Adventure opens to the public at the Great North Museum: Hancock on Saturday 18 May, running until Sunday 6 October 2019.