Visit the schools site to see more events
Dinky DinosMake a booking enquiry
Early Years: Cross-Curricular
Available on Wednesdays
Your visit may also complimented by booking some of our Gallery resources such as Dinosaur Explorer Bags
To make a telephone booking or enquiry call (0191) 208 6865.
Dinky Dinos is an interactive under 5's session which is facilitated by our Early Years Specialist. Children will meet our little explorer 'Albany, The Great North Mouse' who will introduce them to the role of a paleontologist. The session will last for 45 minutes, and will be delivered through a series of short, hands on activities which include: discovering fossils in the sand, measuring and recording finds, and identifying objects.
This session supports the unique development of your children and we would like to talk to you when you make your booking about their needs and learning. The session is designed to support:
- communication and language though play, discussion and storytelling
- personal, social and emotional development through play and teamworking
- literacy and pre-literacy through stories, simple words to read and discussion
- mathematics through measuring
- understanding the world through investigation of fossils and dinosaurs